Sunday, June 13, 2004

Sunday afternoon

I like the university campus on weekends - not many people are about (although I'm currently sitting in a computer lab in the library that is absolutely full of people, so...) and you can just wander around, enjoying the day. The campus here is actually quite nice, once you look past some of the particularly ugly buildings. The campus covers over 145 hectares, with a river (ok, a creek. Ok, a trickle of mud) running through it. The Lake is also really close, and most of the trees on campus are deciduous, meaning that over the last couple of months there has been a multitude of leaves to kick. Which is always a good thing in my book.

Anyway, I'm writing about the beauty of the ANU campus simply because it means that I don't have to start reading "Lombroso's criminal science - atavism and anarchy" from Faces of Degeneration: A European Disorder (you too can read it if you want, from here - go to lectures and scroll down to week 12. Because I know everyone is desperate to read it).I came to the library with the express purpose of printing the article off (no way I'm using my precious printer ink on something that boring) and reading it. So far however I've only accomplished the first, and seeing as in 5 minutes I'm meeting someone to go for a walk with (yes, the same guy from down the hall as last week - all of you go nuts reading what you will into that little bit of information), I don't think I'm going to get much of the second accomplished either.

Ah well. Who said I need to pass European history anyway?

No comments: