Sunday, July 25, 2004

Lordy

Good lord.

In an attempt to (1) be a responsible computer user, and (2) to avoid doing any proper work, I have begun the mammoth task of creating back-up copies of all my emails.

I have suspicions that this may take longer than I originally envisaged.

I've started on my hotmail account, because that is where my life has basically been stored since 1998.  Do you realise how many emails someone accumulates in 6 years?!  Especially if you're someone like me, who is loathe to delete anything that they have received.  Ever. 

So far I've only done the 'Bron' and 'James' folder, and just both those took me over 2 hours.  This may have something to do with the fact that my earliest email from the former is from 1999 (!) with many after that, and that the latter involves several 'floods' of emails, designed for the sole purpose of pissing me off and overloading my inbox. :P 

But it is now done.  So, if either of you want all the emails that you have ever sent to me (in at least 2 different file formats!) drop me an email (hint hint) and I'll send them off to you.

Now I've just got to do the enormous folder 'School people'.... *looks at the number of emails in the folder, gives up and decides to go to lunch*

No comments: