Saturday, October 02, 2004

My favourite book

No more rain today, but it's still a bit chilly. Time to pull the warm clothes back out of the cupboard...

(and it would seem that this blog has become a chronicle of the weather in Canberra and how boring my life is!)

Bron has just done a post on her favourite book because the ABC wants to know (and we all do what the ABC wants, because everybody loves their ABC). So I joined in the fun with a very long comment. My vote? 'Cry, the Beloved Country' by Alan Paton and 'A Monstrous Regiment of Women' by Laurie R. King. Don't ask me to choose between one or the other, because I just can't!

I provided many (kinda) thoughtful and considered justifications for my choices which I can't be bothered reproducing here. So just go and visit, read the post and leave some suggestions of your own. (of course, feel free to leave them here too, because I love comments as much as the next person!)

No comments: