Saturday, July 09, 2005

*exhausted*

I is back! I have finished exams, packed up my room, been to Melbourne, been to New Zealand, sprinted through an airport to catch a flight, and finally made it home to Tasmania! Exams were.... well they were long and drawn-out and painful, but I got my exams on Monday and was pretty darn happy with them, if I may say so myself, so it all turned out ok in the end. Packing up my room was also a long and painful experience, but I think I'm getting it down to a fine art now. Melbourne was brief, but Sandro's family was certainly entertaining! New Zealand was fantastic - I've started to upload some photos, and there'll be more when I get around to them. I'll probably post some to my flickr account, for the simple reason that I'm a sucker for comments on my flickr photos. Sprinting through the airport was embarrassing and stressful, but I made it to the flight... only to find it had been delayed by about 20 minutes. C'est la vie. I made it home finally! Home to an uber comfy bed (which I haven't actually been spending a lot of time in - damn you Sandro and Natalie for conditioning me to get up early!), good food and a really fat cat.

And of course to the internet. Good god, remind me never to be away from the internet for an extended period of time again. I have finally caught up on it all, and I didn't cheat - 109 Kottke remaindered links, 200 BoingBoing posts, and several hundred from other sites: all in all over 400 new items in my bloglines account!

There's nothing I can say about London that hasn't been said already, and by people far more coherent than I. This Letter to the Terrorists, From London, sums it all up pretty well, I thought:
Our city works. We rather like it. And we're going to go about our lives. We're going to take care of the lives you ruined. And then we're going to work. And we're going down the pub.
Everyone I know who lives in London seems to be safe. I hope it's the same for you too.

On a lighter and more cheery note: The All-New Seasame Street. "The show tackles the horrors of domestic abuse as several cast try and convince Ernie to leave Bert."

No comments: