Monday, July 25, 2005

Love, set, match (I couldn't help myself)

And now for something completely different: the poem Bec wrote for Lleyton.

I really don't know where to start,
But I definitely know you've captured my heart.
It started that night you called me up,
To see if I'd play in the Starlight Cup.
Way back then, little did we know,
That our love for one another that could grow and grow.
A text message or two is what kept us in touch.
And I want you to know that I love you so much.
It wasn't 'til late in 2004,
That I received another phone call.
When we decided to meet,
We went up the street for something to eat.
From that day on I've been by your side,
And look at me now,
I am here as your bride!
I used to wish upon a star,
That I'd meet the perfect husband – and here you are!
You an inspiration to so many including me,
Anyone whose ever met you can count themselves lucky.
I'm so lucky I've found the one,
Being with you I have nothing but fun.
You are my best friend and my dream come true,
And I'm so glad to be sharing all this with you.
This is only the start of our dream together,
But I promise to love you until forever.
I can't wait to start my life with you,
Just being together, our dreams will come true.
I have no doubt I'm glad to be your wife,
And being with me is now a part of your life.
I admire you for so many reasons,
I mean look at what happened at the Four Seasons!
We're about to experience the miracle of life,
But always remember I'm so proud to be your wife.
Having a family with you makes me so glad,
I know I'll never get sad.
Thanks so much for choosing me,
By sticking together we'll make a great family.
Engaged and then married and now one on the way,
I'll take such good care of you every day.
It's safe to say I'll love you more and more,
And marrying you today, I couldn't be more sure.
Rebecca Hewitt! I'm your wife!
I promise you one thing, stick with me and you'll have a bloody good life!

I don't think there's much you can say about a poem as atrocious as that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sop! soppy sop!