Sunday, January 29, 2006

It's raining... rain!

Glory be to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, it's just started to rain. It's been ridiculously hot here the last few days, and by ridiculously hot I mean by Tasmanian standards, which means that people have been walking around saying "hot enough for ya?" when the temperature exceeds 25 degrees. But hopefully the rain tonight will clear the air a bit... so that it will be comfortable for the one more day I have in this state!

Yep, I'm back to Canberra on Tuesday, hallelujah! Not that there's anything particularly wrong with home, but it's just been a bit... difficult? Weird? I dunno, it's been something, but I'm glad it's over and I can head back to good old Canberra. I've been closely watching the Canberra forecasts, and it looks like I'll have a couple of days of normal temperature before I die from heat stroke. So that's always nice.

It's been quite a busy week - it always seems to happen that my last week at home is ridiculously busy, as everyone tries to jam all this stuff in as they realise I'm about to go. But it's been good - mum and I went to Hobart for the day on Wednesday with a family friend, which was fun (that's when I took the sunset photo), and today I had the first of my 21st celebrations with a brunch for my Launnie family and friends. Good times, and very very good food, including an absolutely stupendous lime and coconut cake (a la the Botanic Gardens).

But now it's just down to the serious business of packing all my crap up and somehow getting it all up to Canberra. Which should be a very interesting experience!

No comments: