Thursday, March 02, 2006

West Wing news

I can already tell that 'Studio 60' is going to be my new favourite tv show, and it hasn't even been made yet. Directed by Aaron Sorkin, and starring Bradley Whitford, Matthew Perry and Timothy Busfield, there is no possible way this show could go wrong. I hope.

(On a side note - does everyone agree that Bradley Whitford and Jane Kaczmarek are the cutest couple ever? The photo attached to the article I linked to above should really prove it, but in case you don't believe me, read what Whitford said about his wife in his Emmy acceptance speech in 2001.)

And in other, very exciting, West Wing-related news: Rob Lowe is coming back! As is Marlee Matlin, Tim Matheson, Anna Deavere Smith, and Emily Proctor! (And Mary-Louise Parker, which will only be exciting if she promises to open her damn mouth when she speaks) It would seem that the show is gathering together old characters for one last time before the series finishes. I don't think I ever really talked about the cancellation on here, mostly because I have nothing more constructive to say than "it's about time". I will always always always love The West Wing, because it truly was incredible television when it first came out. But then the MS happened, and then Sam left, and it all got crap and ridiculous, and slightly embarrassing to watch. Hopefully it will go out on a high - certainly better odds of this happening if Sam's coming back! Yay Sam!

No comments: