Monday, August 07, 2006

A meme

Because I can't be bothered doing real work/writing a real post... an enormous meme! Hooray!

1. What are your siblings' middle names?
Richard.
2. Where is your dad right now?
At home in Launceston, probably.
3. What was the last thing you said?
"He's hanging out with Alabamans instead." How's that for a random quote!
4. What is something you've learned recently?
Why my census form isn't as long as I thought it would be. (aside: yay for census night tomorrow! I'm sure there will be a glee-ful post tomorrow about it.)
5. What colour is your watch?
Brown band, silver casing, white face.
6. What do you think of when you think of Australia?
Space.
7. What are you reading currently?
Walden by Henry David Thoreau, and Lord Peter: The Complete Lord Peter Wimsey Stories by Dorothy L. Sayers.
8. Who is the last person you liked?
Liked how?
9. Are you close to your mum?
Yep, I guess. Although she seemed to forget that I was in Melbourne the last few days, so maybe not all that close :)
10. Where does your best friend work?
Which best friend? The university, waitressing...
11. What is your least attractive feature?
My stupid feet.
12. How old were you when you started wearing a bra?
I have absolutely no idea. Maybe when I was 12ish?
13. What color are your pants?
Blue.
14. Do you have a roommate?
About 300!
15. What color is your bedroom flooring?
Dingy grey.
16. Do you have a chair in your room?
Yep, two of them in my bedroom, and another four in my study. I have a lot of people to visit!
17. What time of day were you born?
Around 8am I think.
18. Do you know anyone who is engaged?
Um... not right now I don't think, although someone I know got married last weekend.
19. What's your favorite number(s)?
2, 4, 12.
20. Do you know anyone named Laurie?
Yes.
21. What color is your mom's hair?
Real hair colour, or dyed colour? :)
22. Do you have a dog?
Nope.
23. Where did you live in 1987?
In Launceston.
24. What happened to you in 1993?
I was in grade 3, but my parents took my brother and I out of school for six weeks and we drove up to Port Douglas and back, which was pretty amazing. It did mean, however, that I didn't learn how to do subtraction properly until the end of grade 4.
25. Does your first memory involve your dad?
No, my grandmother.
26. Do you remember singing any songs as kids?
Yeah. Every Play School song, of course, but also stuff like Peter, Paul and Mary, The Beatles, and The Seekers. My Dad is big into folk music, and it was often playing at home.
27. When was the last time you went swimming?
Er... I really have no idea. Bicheno maybe, in January?
28. Has your luggage ever gotten lost?
Qantas temporarily lost my bags last year, when I was flying between Launceston and Canberra.
29. When was the last time you talked to one of your siblings?
A couple of weeks ago, I think.
30. Did you ever go to camp as a kid?
Yep - school camps in grades 5 and 6 in primary school, and then again in 7 and 8 in high school.
31. Do you play an instrument?
I had piano lessons for about 10 years.
32. Have you ever thought it would be cool to smash a guitar?
I guess, in a completely abstract kind of way.
33. Do you like fire?
Yep.
34. Where is your best friend from?
Again, which one? Launceston, Melbourne, Mackay, Byron Bay/Ballina/Alstonville/Lismore, Sydney...
35. Are you allergic to anything?
I sometimes have a bit of a weird reaction to band-aids, but apart from that, nothing.
36. When was the last time you cried?
A couple of weeks ago - migraine.
37. What kind of shampoo do you use?
I'm using Wella Balsam at the moment, because it was cheap... but it's absolute crap.
38. Have you ever been to a spa?
Do the Roman Baths in Launceston count? There was also that mineral spa place in Rotorua.
39. Were you popular in high school?
Um, no.
40. Did you take science all six years of high school?
Yep. Straight science in 7 and 8, both physical and natural science in 9 and 10. Physical science in grade 11, and chemistry in grade 12.
41. Do you like butterflies?
Um, I guess.
42. What is the last book you read?
Is it a Very Bad Thing if I can't remember? I do shockingly little reading 'for fun' during term time. I read most of The Unraveling of America by Allen Matusow last semester, but that was for a class. Very good book, though.
43. Do you like Coke or Pepsi more?
I loathe both of them equally.
44. What is one thing you miss about your past?
Very little. I guess I enjoyed the regularity of high school a bit more, but university is so far and away better than anything else, that it's hard to pinpoint anything in particular.
45. Did you ever see the school nurse?
My school never had a nurse as such. I did spend a bit of time in sick bay, though (migraines once again).
46. Have you ever wanted to be a teacher?
Not primary or secondary, but I wouldn't mind doing tutoring at university - I quite enjoy the limited teaching I do at the moment.
47. What is one thing you've learned about your life recently?
That I'm rather good at peeling oranges.
48. Are you jealous of anyone?
People who get Youth Allowance.
49. Is anyone jealous of you?
I have no idea.
50. When was the last time you were in an elevator?
Er... I actually have a little bit of a phobia when it comes to elevators, so you won't find me in one all that often. If I had to guess, it would probably have been the one in the Hancock Library, but I have no idea when that would have been.

No comments: