Saturday, October 21, 2006

Catch-up time

Hmmm, been really crap with the regular posting, haven't I? The last couple of weeks have just been so unbelievably crazy that I haven't had time to even think about writing anything. But! I'm taking today off to get my life in order, and because, well, I'm still not feeling 100% after a rather big night last night...

So in order to catch up, here are things in the life of me recently:
  • My neck is a lot better, finally. I had my last physio appointment on Monday, which I'm really happy about: the new physio I was seeing had a love of the traction machine, a love which I definitely did not share. I still get a bit stiff at the end of the day, particularly if I've been sitting at a desk for a long time, but apart from that it's all good.
  • My brother came to visit on Tuesday - he was only in Canberra for about 16 hours all up, but it was really great to see him.
  • We've started looking at houses for next year! Very exciting!
  • I bought a CD on Wednesday - 'Warm Strangers' by Vienna Teng. Really good stuff.
  • I have an honours supervisor (I think) for 2008! I know it's a little early, but there were leave issues involved, so I'm glad that I was able to talk to the lecturer in question ahead of time. All I have to do now I guess is survive one more year of coursework...
  • My essay on American slavery was finally finished on Thursday. It was a close thing; that essay was almost the death of me, in several different ways. I also had two other assignments due this week, so I'm not operating on an enormous amount of sleep at the moment. I have big plans to catch up this weekend.
  • My parents are in Italy at the moment. This is so very very unfair.
Ok, that should do for now. I've got a few other things I want to write about, so possibly expect a few more posts today!

No comments: