Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Don't you know who I am?!

Yesterday was one of those infinitely frustrating days, where you set out with a list of seemingly simple tasks to complete, that quickly turn into a never-ending nightmare. Simple things like getting a prescription filled turned into day-long dramas: the chemist had run out of the (very common) medication on my prescription, I had to go to two banks in order to retrieve my bank card which was eaten by an ATM on Saturday, the ACT government office seemingly disappeared from Civic, the Motor Registry would only accept a complete lease agreement as proof of residency, not the bond lodgment form I had with me... what should have taken a couple of hours all up took the entire day, and I had to go back to the Motor Registry this morning, this time with enough forms of identification to sink a ship. But! The day was saved from being a complete bust by lunch and dinner, which were shared with fabulous company. So that was good.

On a slightly related matter: the reason I had to go to the Motor Registry (twice) was to get a proof of age card. I haven't had any 'official' forms of photo ID for the last two months, because both my Tasmanian Learner's Driver Licence and my passport both expired in December. Do you know how hard it is to live without that kind of stuff?! I couldn't even join the video store on the weekend. And yet my bank let me withdraw money from my account yesterday with only my crummy student card. Which does worry me slightly...

1 comment:

KaosSmurf said...

wow that's a pretty shitty day...

it's endlessly frustrating with no government shopfront in civic... I wanted to change car ownership and get more rego, and it was 4:45pm, just before going home over christmas...

however yay for food :-)
(definitely scary with the bank and student id though)