Wednesday, September 22, 2004

The Practice

I watched "The Practice" last night, for the first time in, well forever. Never really got into that show - I think I was too busy watching Ally McBeal. And look how that decision panned out.

So yeah, "The Practice"? Damn good. Usually when a show starts introducing 'very special guest stars' it means that it has jumped the shark. Last night there was not one, but three very special guest stars: Chris O'Donnell, Sharon Stone and James Spader. Two of these, Stone and Spader, won Emmys on Sunday for their appearances, and it's clear now why. People have been raving about Spader joining the cast for a while now, saving the show from a rather dismal demise. Last night he was a fantastic mix of disgusting slime bag and honorable lawyer.

I've never been much of a Sharon Stone fan, but last night I was converted when she played a litigator who was fired from her job because she hears the voice of God. Very cool, and very un-Sharon Stone.

Chris O'Donnell rocked too, playing one of the most abhorrent characters I've seen on tv in a very long time. His storyline is an obviously very thinly veiled copy of the Lacey Peterson case, an enormous story in the States at the moment. I'm going to have to watch next week to see whether Ellenor really does "bring him down". I know I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of that woman...

So yeah, watch "The Practice". I have to say, it's much better to the 'meh-ness' of the show on before it (*cough*The OC*cough*).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you are just trying to trick me into writing comments on your blog by shamelessly degrading The OC....and, oh, look, it worked...