Monday, October 11, 2004

I'm all alone!

I have nothing in particular to say really, just felt like posting.

Got a programming assignment due on Thursday (I thought it was due on Friday, because really, who has assignments due on a Thursday?!), which is of course heaps of fun. And of course, I once again have no idea what I'm meant to be doing. This is where the main problem of being a girl in IT comes up: you have no one to turn to when you need help with work. I am the only female doing IT in my entire college, in fact one of the few people full stop. Other people have this group of friends that they can get help from, but I have no one to turn to. No one I tell you! I'm all alone...

And pathetic mode off.

Seriously though, it does suck. I have no idea what I'm going to do with this assignment - the only guy who could help me in this college has gone and jetted off to Cambridge, the bastard.

My computer just made a very random chime noise. No idea what that was for...

My history lecture finished 20 minutes early today, which was cool. Although it was because my history lecturer was really sick with a cold, which I guess is not cool.

The penalty for late submissions in the Department of Computer Science is 10% a day. Isn't that the most ridiculous penalty scheme you've ever seen? In comparison, history is 4%, and apparently philosophy is only 2. Damn computer science people with their fascist submission rules...

Ok, I think that's all. I feel sunburnt (damn my sensitive skin - I sat in the shade for an hour at lunch today, and somehow I managed to get burnt) and kinda tired, so I think I'll get into bed, finish my IR reading and go to sleep. Worry about this damn assignment in the morning...

Send me an email James!

No comments: