Thursday, October 21, 2004

Stuff

Things in the life of me right now:

- I installed Firefox on my laptop today. Completely spontaneous decision: I was sitting in the library, wasting time using the uni's wireless network, and just suddenly decided to finally 'make the switch'. So far, I'm glad I did. Some things are slightly annoying, like the way bookmarks are organised, and the fact that there's no google toolbar for it yet, but so far so good. And I am now officially in love with tabbed browsing.

- (For those of you who don't know, Firefox is an internet browser put together by Mozilla. It's free, it's open source, it's safer to use than IE (virus wise that is), and so far seems pretty darn cool!)

- I went to every single one of my classes today, a massive achievement! I started at 9am and finished at 7pm, with 6 hours of maths and software engineering in between. No wonder I've never been to all the classes before...

- It rained on and off all day today. It just better rain itself out before Saturday and the uber beach trip that is planned - I refuse to sit on the beach in the rain!

- There's a job application due tomorrow that I really have to do, but I'm lacking the, well, motivation. It's a kick-arse job - Parliamentary Assistant at, well, Parliament House - but half of the university seems to be applying for it, so I don't really like my chances. I could so live off my scholarship money next year...

- On Wednesday I somehow found myself elected marketing officer of the IR society. Not exactly sure how this happened, or for that matter what I'm supposed to do as aforementioned marketing officer. Presumably the all-powerful president or secretary will let me know sometime.

That's all I can think of right now. Really should start on that application...

No comments: