Friday, January 28, 2005

"You ain't heard nothin' yet!"

Top 100 Soundtracks of All Time List. I have to say I don't own a single album on this list, but I have quite a few individual songs from the different movies (I got this for Christmas, which certainly helped with my collection). Very disappointed that 'The Big Chill' soundtrack isn't on the list - coolest soundtrack ever, I say!

Interestingly, John Williams, the ever present force of movie music these days, doesn't come in until around no. 70. And there's no Howard Shore. Which I think goes to show that this isn't an exactly 'mainstream' list of soundtracks...

So people, what's your favourite piece/album of movie music?

1 comment:

spy said...

I am surprised that Star Wars is not there. This 'MOJO' character seems to have a thing for Bacarach and Mancini (Even Marracone). Some of those are good choices, not that I have heard more than one quarter of them. It was good to see some Philip Glass. Shore's LOTR soundtrack was excellent and should have been in the top 100, but remember, some of the greatest composers of the 20th century have written film scores (Copland, Shostakovich, Prokofiev and Walton) and none of those were there. Copland's 'Of Mice and Men' soundtrack is quite excellent also,