Saturday, February 04, 2006

Four Things

Everyone else in the entire world seems to be doing the 'four things' meme, so I guess I might as well jump on the ol' bandwagon. I promise to spell 'Kottke' correctly though, unlike a certain other person.

Four jobs I've had:
1. Packer of bags at a garden centre. $5 an hour to put plants in bags - it wasn't the greatest summer job ever, that's for sure.
2. Jewellery salesperson
3. Data-entry lackey
4. Tour guide

Four movies I can watch over and over:
1. Ocean's Eleven
2. Love Actually
3. Grease
4. The Lord of the Rings movies

Four places I've lived:
1. Launceston, Tasmania
2. Iroquois, Ontario
3. Brockville, Ontario
4. Canberra, ACT

Four TV shows I love:
1. The West Wing
2. Veronica Mars
3. The House of Eliott
4. Play School and/or Seasame Street (I was going to put House MD in this slot, but I still enjoy watching Play School and/or Seasame Street every now and then, and I think that kind of staying power has to be rewarded, even if it is with the number 4 slot on a silly little meme on my silly little blog).

I would answer the 'Ten highly regarded and recommended TV shows that I've never watched a single minute of' question but, well... I watch a lot of tv, and I usually make an effort to watch at least one episode of any 'highly regarded and recommended TV shows'. Remember people, one of my dream jobs would be as a tv-reviewer.

Four places I've vacationed:
1. New Zealand (x2)
2. London
3. Paris
4. Adelaide

Four of my favorite dishes:
1. My mum's yoghurt roasted lamb
2. Pancakes
3. Mint chocolate chip ice-cream
4. Ravioli from Pasta Resistance

Four sites I visit daily:
1. Gmail
2. Bloglines
3. Google Suggest
4. Flickr

Four most read RSS feeds: (question stolen from Matt, even if he did spell 'Kottke' wrong in it)
1. Dooce (Candice and I bonded over our combined love of Dooce yesterday. It was touching.)
2. Boing Boing
3. Lifehacker
4. Kottke main posts and remaindered links

Four places I would rather be right now:
1. In bed
2. At the dentist (tooth of PAIN still excruciating, even after spending an hour in the dentist's chair on Thursday having a cracked filling replaced. It looks like I'm going to have to go in on Monday to have a root canal).
3. In space (stealing this from Jason Kottke, because it's such a cool answer).
4. London

No comments: