Thursday, October 05, 2006

Finally, Monday Madness

Time to catch up on some stuff; first off, the Monday Madness questions!

1. From amanda f:
What do you do when somebody complements you?
a. Smile and say Thanks
b. Ignore it and change the subject
c. Compliment them back
d. Turn red in embarrassment at the attention and look around to see other people's reaction
e. Take it as your due!

Probably a bit of a through d; I'm not particularly good at receiving compliments.

2. From shelly:
What color are your eyes?

Browny green - basically a dirty marsh colour. Attractive, huh? :)

3. From kia:
What do you like most about yourself?

This is a pretty tricky question. I think I possess a fair amount of plain ol' commonsense, if that counts as a 'special' characteristic. I'd say I'm pretty good at keeping calm and sensible in a 'crisis'... and I don't mind being tall! :)

4. From julie:
How do you spend Christmas?

With family at our place - in my 21 years on this earth, I've only spent two christmases away from my house. My family is not religious at all, so the day basically involves a lot of presents, a lot of food, and usually a lot of alcohol. Oh, and mangoes for breakfast, a huge indulgence in Tasmania when they're usually $2 each.

5. From wide imagination:
When do you normally blog? Day or night?

Both.

6. From rach:
What song can you relate to your personal life? Share a line or two of that song.

I can't think of one of the top of my head that relates to my personal life right now, mostly because I don't seem to have a song that has the word 'neck' in the title. Different songs mean different things to me at different times - 'London Still' by The Waifs and 'Better be Home Soon' by Crowded House were on pretty frequent rotation when I was in Canada, mostly I think because I kinda missed Aussie accents, and you can't get much more Aussie than that first line of London Still "Wonder if you can pick up my/accent on the phaaaaane?" Classic.

7. From sherle:
What is your favorite color for a sleeping environment?

No particular preference - my walls at home in Tasmania are blue, and the ones up here are white/dingy concrete. So I guess clean walls would be nice, but I have no particular likes or dislikes beyond that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi mads. you must have lovely eyes. a calm disposition in life is something to be proud of. i tend to be paranoid and i can't help but panic sometimes. i should try to incorporate some calmness in my life for a change.

see you on the next monday madness.

rach