Thursday, January 08, 2004

Only three days between updates - this has to be some kind of record.

Another lazy day at home today - this complete lack of work is turning me into one very lazy girl. I even resorted to watching 'Touched by an Angel' this morning on W. I quite like that show as a trashy, guilty pleasure right up until the "oh-my-god-you're-head's-glowing-you-must-be-angel" moment, when they lose me completely. Take today's episode for example: this apparently "good family guy" type was losing sight of what was important (in this case a race his disabled son was in) in the race for a big promotion. He ended up leaving one of his best friends lying on a mountainside in the middle of the night, in the snow, with a broken leg, so that he could win a race. And here's this woman with a radioactively glowing head telling him that as long as he realises that God loves him no matter what, then everything will be ok. And there they go and lose me - now doesn't he think that he can leave as many of his crippled friends on mountainsides as he wants, because God will love him 'no matter what'.

Of course what he actually does is race off down the mountain in time to see his son's race and turn down the big promotion offered to him by his boss because he's "willing to do whatever it takes". Apparently not anymore - even though GOD LOVES HIM NO MATTER WHAT.

Anyway, that's probably enough of a rant about my fundamental problems with Christianity. Which started out as a discussion on daytime tv.

Bleurgh. I need to get out of the house more.

No comments: