Monday, January 19, 2004

Things in the life of me

Quite a few things have happened in the life of me since I last wrote (which, very typically, seems to have been quite a long time ago). So in no particular order:

1. I got into university! Probably should be more excited than I actually am, but seeing as I got into exactly the same course last year but just didn't accept the place and that my score was about 35 points above what was required, I was feeling pretty confident about getting a place!

2. I lost my job. Well, more like they didn't have any more hours for me now that Christmas is over, but whatever the reason I still don't have a job. My parents have told me that they'll pay me to do jobs around the house, but so far it's not exactly working out...

3. I 'did my back in'. In my attempt to be helpful around the house and earn a bit of money, I volunteered to paint the walls and the tiles in the toilet. Everything seemed to be going quite well until that night when I was feeling a bit stiff. So I lie down on my bed for a bit of a rest. Only problem is that when I try to get back up again I fall off the bed and can't stand up. After being helped back onto the bed by my father and quickly diagnosed with a strained something (can't remember the name) I had no choice but to go to sleep, seeing as I couldn't get up. When I woke up the next morning I thought it was a bit better, until I shuffled to the kitchen and promptly fainted from the pain, right there on the kitchen floor. So basically for the last 3 days I've been alternately lying flat on my back watching crap television or shuffling to the kitchen for food before quickly shuffling back to the couch before my legs give out beneath me. I'm bored out of my brains (I can't sit down for long periods of time so my normal time at the computer has been obliterated - I'm going to have to lie down for quite a while after this session) and not particularly happy at all about the entire situation.

4. I started going to aqua fitness classes. Of course the first class was the day before the back incident and was very possible one of the causes of it, so who knows whether I'll be going back in a while. Associated with the aqua fitness classes, I also managed to navigate my way through the hell that is buying a new pair of bathers, relatively scar free, which was good.

No comments: