Saturday, May 22, 2004

"Don't cry out loud..."

Tops day! Just finished watching the kick-arse movie Drop Dead Gorgeous for the second time today. My god that movie is funny - we'd been reciting lines all afternoon, and decided that we may as well watch it again to refresh our memory. I swear, it just keeps on gettting better and better, every time I see it (and I've seen it at least 4 times before this). Mostly we were watching it to see the wonderful, amazing and very talented Ms Allison Janney in all her white trailer trash glory. I am in love with this woman, deeply, truly in love. Particularly when she has lines like this:
Nurse: Hello Miss Sad Pants, and her friend, Serious Sally! How about a nice cool mint to help turn those frowns upside down?
Loretta: Do you think a nice cool mint would help if I shoved your head up your ass?!
Ah, we love you Allison.

Before watching 'Drop Dead Gorgeous' for the second time however, I saw what is possibly the best movie I have ever seen in my life. What is this incredible movie, you ask? Well, it's called Cypher, and it was incredible. Jeremy Northam stars in a role that will make you change your entire way of thinking about Jeremy Northam. If, of course, you already had a way of thinking about Jeremy Northam. Which I did. Anyway, the film is about Northam's character and his new career as a spy for a software company. Well, this is kinda what it's about. Because very soon you realise that not everything is as it seems, and you don't find out exactly how things are until the very last scene. Lucy Liu is also in it and does a fine, fine job, until one of the very last scenes when she ruins it all by doing a very good impression of a girl on a Pantene Pro V ad.

But don't let that distract you. I command you to go out and borrow 'Cypher' right now. Now, I tell you. It's thrilling, beautifully shot, wonderfully acted, fantastically scripted... all round, just plain incredible.

Now! I tell you...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez, demanding!! I saw it on the plane back from 'nam....it was quite good as I recall...
-Bron

Anonymous said...

For fuck's sake...am I the only one who checks this thing every half hour!! Write some snurfing comments!
-Bron