Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Homegrown meme

Crip made up his own meme! And being the meme-addict that I am, I of course had to do it:

1. What can't you travel without? Well I guess there's the obvious stuff like money and ID, but I'm not sure that's quite the kind of answer required here. As you can probably tell by my recent upset, I find it hard to travel anywhere without my diary. One thing I have started travelling with frequently is my red pashmina/scarf thing. Very useful, not just as a scarf, but also as a blanket on planes, and as a supplement to the crappy pillows you always get in hotels.

2. How many trips has/have it/they taken with you? Quite a few, actually. I got that scarf in 2000, and I know it went to Canada with me, and to New Zealand, I think...

3. Where have you taken it/them? See above - Canada, New Zealand, up and down the eastern seaboard of Australia.

4. Where's next? There are vague plans forming in the back of my mind to go to Washington D.C. next year sometime, depending on finances etc.

5. Why? I have a rather strong desire to see the American Constitution, and to see the Supreme Court in session, and visit the Lincoln Memorial... basically after several years of studying the country, I want to experience it first hand.

No comments: